Monday, May 19, 2008

Baked To Perfection

I have decided to be a housewife today.. Oh wait.. I was trained by my mother to be a housewife.... Anyways I decided to bake, I been buying this cake mix for a while and never around to bake it. So on this lovely Wesak Day, I decided to give it a go. Okay got my eggs (upon my discovery I saw a cicak (lizard) in the egg section of the fridge, still alive but not moving, the poor cold blooded thing was so cold it could not move.), my butter, water and cake mix. Damn easy to do baking which makes no sense why you could not just bake your own cake instead of buying it.

Just throw everything in and pray that it will mix :p. I used the ancient, I think as old if not older than me, electric mixer to mixed everything well.


I added some thing a bit extra to the mix, these balls, chocolate balls to be precise. These chocolate bars were not my family favourite because they are a bunch of nuts. Like most nuts, they crave for nuts. These chocolates balls are nut less. (Hmm I guess that makes me a total nutcase too..)

Aha I took it out of the oven, to let it cool down first. WTF!!! a rat took a knife and cut into my freshly baked caked. Grrrrrr!!! Where is that culprit, just as I was about to threw a complete fit, a voice chirped from behind. "Hmm the cake is cool already so I decided to have taste. Quite nice"..go figure, it was mummy dearest taking a small chunk out of my cake with a satisfied face. I guess other than being able to trust their child driving the car with them as the passenger, another point in their lives that they enjoy as parents is to be able to eat what their children bake or cooked for them without lying :D.

14 comments:

Ad said...

kat mana leh dptkan coco ball tue???

Unknown said...

urm...

airport KLIA or Dubai...

ayah yg beli masa balik outstation tuh

tinta said...

My kids sure love this cake...

Inah said...

amboi2..jadi chef pulak ari ni :)

Aziya said...

Mom can't resist to have a few chunk of her son's chocolate cake... hiks nasib kau selamat.. hahaha..

That's what we call indulgent hoh ?

You love that White Choco Macademia eh ?... me too.. unfortunately... it's rare to find lar in SP.. maybe it was too delicious *laugh*.. everyone grab it as fast as they could.. grrrr !!!!

Kena tempahla next time

Perky said...

How on earth did the lizard get in your fridge in the 1st place? hehehe... Did u set it free?

Not bad lah you, can bake cake :) My talent stops at pressing the start button on the microwave ;) Heck, my own mother banned me from the kitchen tau tak? LOL!

Unknown said...

dr malina:
yup2 its so easy and the preparations could be done in 8 minutes.

inah:
I AM a chef my dear ;)

aziya:
i guess so, but you can find it in KL easily ;). I just saw one at secret recipe rokas perkasa last Saturday.

perky:
it might fell off from the ceiling, i had cases of lizards falling on me. I did resist the urge to squash it, so I threw urmm put it outside. Its on its own to runaway for the hungry mangy stray cats. Banned from kitchen? you? no prob, you have Mc Chef right. :D

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

looks yummy!

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

whoaaa... looks yummmy...i've never baked any cake except for cheesecake...

Josh said...

Nak rasa seketul.

:: NbC :: said...

pos sini 1 slice lah.. nak test chef ni.. hiks ;-)

Arel said...

Nanti bday boleh tempah, chocolate cake is my fav. as well :)

Anonymous said...

ermm u've been tag.. pls go to my blogsite for more information :P huhu betul ke caranya ni? hehe

ita.itu said...

kek menarik..koko tu pun cute jek