Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cut and Dye

I spent a fraction of my life in the salon yesterday. I mean a huge chunk of my life was sitting in a salon to accompany our American family friend to the salon. She wanted to get her hair rebonded. Apparently it very expensive to get it done in the US. She was charged RM 297 to get her bleached highlighted hair rebonded. They had to protect the bleached part of the hair because it was so damaged it turned into Maggi Mee.
My younger sister wanted to dye, get a hair treatment and a trim. That took a while too, she chose a nice copper brown.
Heck, my mom came over after taking my youngest sister to the clinic and she at first wanted to her hair rebonded but then she just could not wait 4 hours to do it, so she opted for a Hair Spa and a trim. Now she has a cute Rihanna like bob. My mom is reconsidering rebonding if it will make her hair flatter. Since we did not want my youngest sister to be left out, she even got a wash, cut, and treatment.




.




.




.




.




.




.




.




Can you imagine staying in a salon from 12 pm to 8pm. I mean that is a a long time to spend a day in there. I was hungry, I was tired, I was really bored. I mean what is a person supposed to do then?




.




.




.




.




.




.




.




.




.




.




Out of sheer boredom I decided to




.




.




.




.




.




.




.



.



.




.

Dye my hair :D



Heh heh.. I had stubborn hair that is difficult to color, and I am graying which is even harder to color. So they had to "cooked" my hair in steam so that the colour will be absorbed into the hair shaft.


If you can't beat them, then join them :p


It was a lot brighter than I expected but the stylist delivered their promise


The hair color I used was a 6.3.5 shade. Basically a dark golden mahogany blond. Most hair color company follow the same rule when labeling their hair colour. The first number is how many level is the color. 1 is black with 9 being white platinum blonde. I wanted a 6 which is dark blonde, so they need to lighten my hair up 3 levels. Then the second number is the tone of the shade. The number 3 is a golden tone so the hair will have golden tone. Some hair colour only has two numbers in it but some might have three numbers. The last number is the reflect or it can mean the highlights, meaning the shade of the color when light bounced of the hair. So in these case its a 5 which is mahogany, a dark red. So the hair will have a reddish refelct to it. Well I got it done, the color really shows up well, a bit to well though, but I think we need a little bit of change sometime, to start a new chapter in our life.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hair colour? Ermm not my thing lor...

Unknown said...

hkl:
ye ka.. you need balls to do it :p. anda berani?

Ad said...

perghh.....

err..tu jerrr..caya la buddd!!!

Inah said...

erkks..i'm surprised :)

Anonymous said...

aiya.. bukan pasal berani ataupun tidak.. lelaki tak kaler2 rambut la bro...

Perky said...

Lol!! Well I'm glad you joined in the fun! :)

Unknown said...

ad:
terima kasih kerana mempercayai..

percayalaaaaah

*eh tetiba.... :p

inah:
SUPRISE!!

hik hik... jgn jual keta tu dulu tau, gua dah chop, gua mau tanya bapak gua

hkl:
whoa, you been living under the rock or something ah? to produce such statement :p

perky:
for godsake i was there for 9 hours, 6 hours watching DVD, while 3 hours walking around the mall :D

wahdi said...

waaaaaa ala2 makeover ANTM satu family! huhu

Unknown said...

wahdi:
oh my gosh.. hik hik.. betul tuh.. hik hik :p

cuma takde yg nangis hari tuh

hik hik

tinta said...

Baik-baik buzlee; some of the coloring is carcinogenic.