Monday, July 21, 2008

Lab Work...... Not Mine :p

I am tired of posting my work and butchering of my mice, so its a nice change to see my friend doing his work for change. Remember the ovitrap in the previous post. Well after we pick them up, we poured the trap and water inside plastic containers and let the mosquito larvae hatched from the eggs. Noticed the all bling hand of our lab technician checking out if any larvae has hatched or not.
This is actually the first time for me to see the larvae this much this close. They look like a bunch of worm :D. If I am not mistaken you can differentiate the each species of the mosquito by looking at their posterior end (the "end" of its end???)

My dear friend had to count each of the larvae from each ovitrap to estimate how many mosquitoes that would be present if the larvae is permitted to go through its life cycle. Well at least he does not have to count it under a microscope using a special slide and some calculation :p.

8 comments:

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

I just noticed you changed your blog theme! Nice!

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

dont u feel bad on doing all the experiment on ur mice? huhuhu...

ita.itu said...

byk giler bekas plastik tuh..ayooo

Unknown said...

chen:
we need change sometimes yah :D

sinbad:
nope no feeling wat so ever. muahahahah!!! (it benefits mankind :D)

kak ita:
yup2 kami borong kat kedai plastic, belum kira cwn2 yg kami beli tuh utk ovitrap

Najib Ariyan Ali Basha said...

Kalu rambut hitam lagi cantik lah Budlee.. kalau takder rambut pun cantik gak... hehehehehe

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

hi. can i put ur pic in my next blog entry?

Unknown said...

abg bm:
huhuh tak leh, kepala sy lonjong nanti nampak mcm buah sukun..

Unknown said...

chen:
huh? umm okay why not