Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Coast Soutwest Grill part 1

My mother's birthday will be on this Saturday, and as usual we will have a birthday dinner. She said she craves Nacho Cheese. Its chips made from corn, drizzled with mixture of cheese which contained mostly cheddar cheese and certain spices with pickled jalapeno peppers. My mother loves the Nacho we had at Wallmart when we stayed in the US 10 years ago. (Wallmart is what Giant is to us)

A friend I knew in Facebook told me of a restaurant that he has in Alamanda Putrajaya, called The Coast Southwest Grill. It claims to be a Tex-Mex restaurant, similar to Chillies and TGF. So I thought I would give it a try since Alamanda is a lot closer to us than Pavillion, KLCC, Sunway Pyramid or Midvalley.


There was no customers when I entered the restaurant. I asked the manager is this place just opened? He said this restaurant opened the same time Alamanda did. Well this restaurant is located outside of Alamanda. If you were shopping inside, you would not know this place existed. Its in the same row as Starbucks and other restaurants that faced outside.


It has its own bar too, the deco is nice, although I was quite confuse the theme of the restaurant.


Finally the meal I ordered arrived. I ordered the Senorita Nachos to see how good their Nachos are. It came on a huge plate. It consist of corn chips, covered with marinara sauce, bell pepper, fajitas beef and fajita onions. Then it was smothered with Cheddar Cheese and then in the middle we have tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream. Then it was garnished with pickled jalapeno peppers. The chips was still crispy when I got it. The taste was amazing and it fitted to be a Nacho. However those who are not accustomed to cheese might fine the cheddar to be very strong. I think they used a strong cheddar because strong cheese has a hint of bitterness. I wish it to be spicier/hotter/pedas but since it has marinara based sauce it was not supposed to be. I really liked it but I was so full that I could not finish the last chips. I give it a 7/10.

I really liked this Hawaiian Blend Smoothie. Its a blend of pineapple and banana with heaps of vanilla ice cream or milk. It smooth, not too sour and not to sweet, just nice. I just had a simple meal at this restaurant , however I think its good enough to bring my mother too. So this Saturday we will see how my other family members will react.

14 comments:

ita.itu said...

nmpk sdp air dia ye dik..wah x penah neray air banana

Zharif said...

hmm... macam penah tengok tempat ni... yes, i've been here before... ermm what i'm doin there ek? dating! hikss so romantic coz tak ramai orang.. anyway i taste kat bar tander situ :P

Unknown said...

kak ita:
lah kak, kat hajris tuh akak leh mintak air pisang susu tau :D

zaffvader:
owhh so trueee, tempat tu tak ramai org, so one can get verrry romantic kat situ :D

FK said...

Nice choice of restaurant :)

Unknown said...

khalead:
hmm tunggu esok, bila my whole family join sekali.. then we can talk :D

so far preview dia bagus :D

FK said...

Hopefully its ok.Hahahaha. Anyway, thanks for comment on my blog. Kenal amad n zaffeder yek. Bagusla bonding antara korang, im quit new in writting blog, so still carik kwn dalam dunia blogger. Hope we can be friend :)

Anonymous said...

hey, my mom born on october as well, but late october.. :) hehe

Unknown said...

khalead:
hey man, sure thing. just keep on writing and commeting :)

rizal:
owh near haloween ker?

wahaza extra said...

if still surviving with the poor location must be a lot of regular customer...

Unknown said...

wahaza:

i guess so, the manager told me that every restaurant that is located outside complains because alamanda did not promote them or the shopping place. At least now they have GSC cinemas and more worthwhile shops are sprouting up.

:: NbC :: said...

ekhem.. kena bw akak gi sini nanti.. hehhehe

Unknown said...

kak pinky:
no hal punyer :D

Shah said...

The Coast yer? Hmmm... Been to Alamanda many times but never noticed them. Looks like I just found a new place to go check out soon.

@xiM said...

hepi belated besday to ur mum Buddy!!