Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Teenage Anguish

I just noticed something, if I am not mistaken most of the blogs I read and the blog readers that I know are either single, not married, married with no children yet, or married with children that is under 15. So basically no one is raising a teenager yet. Well I am, for 1 month I am in charge of 1 teenager. Lets see his stats, 18yr old, has a driving license, doing his diploma, plays the guitar and in a rock band, likes to go out and goes to gigs. Does this scream teenage anguish cum rebellious? It does, you can't yell at him or he gets all emo or scremo (emo is a song genre and so is screamo). I am going out of my mind actually on how to deal with him. At least now I know how my mother felt when dealing with him. I wish my dad was here, at least with his authoritative power and the right to give him a good smack would deal him good.

8 comments:

Perky said...

Huh? I don't get it. Why do you need to yell at him?

I don't think playing guitar & being in a rock band makes u a bad person. Unless la if he takes drugs or something to that extent.

Josh said...

Teenage are know to be rebellious. We gotta be in their world to understand them. Use guidelines and not restrictions.

Hm.. I was rebellious when I was young. But the quiet type. hehe

Anonymous said...

salam dari Dublin.. saje2 je ziarah sini jap.. rajin2, meh laa jenguk2 my blog.. :)

thoyol said...

smack jer laa.. dulik aper..

haha..

Unknown said...

perky:
aiya, where is your motherly instict!. you know at this age they refuse to listen and think they know everything and wants to be an adult. so when you say or tell them something, tell will act dumb or not do it at all.

josh:
did it, doing it, hating it. its likes i talked to him using compasionate and logical reason but he still won't follow. come on la, is it so hard to banned him from going out at night on weekdays. he failed 4 out of 6 subjects. how would you feel if this happened, its like what was all the so called study group he attended too and all that stupid gig he wanted to attend. not to mention at age 18 he is driving all over klang valley.

Jhazit:
hey there, thanks for dropping bye :D

thoyol:
dude i am just itching to give him a good smack

riken said...

a good smack bud??? better use it as a last resort.
nothing beats a good whacking.
haha.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! budlee...you have been a teenager before...just wear his shoes...;-)

Unknown said...

riken:
nah, forget smacking, i will try submission moves.. :D

danial:
its hard to wear his shoes since when i was his age, i did not have a license, did not get to drive a car, and did not like to go out as much. unlike him i know how to do laundry, vacuum the house, shop for groceries and pay bills at the bank and post office. we are two peas in a different tree in two different countries.