Friday, August 28, 2009

Sleep

Sleep is my best friend and worst enemy. Sleep is my best friend, when I am tired, when I am sleepy and when I want to get away from the world. Its free, its fun, and I can do it almost anywhere. I will almost always sleep in the car, the motions in a vehicle feels just like the hand that rocks the cradle. My grandmother's house is another place that deserves some Zzz, even though its on the carpet with no pillow with a dozen people walking around me. The bed in my room is the default choice, whether with the aircond or with the fan. Both cools me down nicely. Sleep is my worst enemy when I have a lot of work to do, and when I have tons of journals to read. Journals make me sleepy, the rate to comprehend them tires me out, which is why I need a pen and paper beside the journals to get something out of it. Its frustrating that I could sleep when there is an important paper coming up or an important exam coming up. Its incredibly frustrating not to be able to develop imsonia like other people. It made me feel so jealous they have the extra time to sleep. Sleep, the best friend to have, the enemy to hate, excuse me while I take a short nap after my Sahur before going to class, if I do decide to get up to lab.

5 more minutes, 5 more minutes...zzzzzzzzz

No comments: