Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cat Repellent

I love cats but sometimes there are places cat should not be, like your sofa or some nook and cranny they should not be in. If I want a cat, they probably be kept in a large cage, like a really really big cage and kept like hamsters. Its sounds cruel but helps to keep them at bay. Its very hard to get rid of cat smell, unless you are a clean freak then you can managed to keep your house squeaky clean. So far the only thing I know that cat hates is citrus but I managed to find out that different cats hate different scents, I guess just like humans. So far the cute stray cats that keep begging for food at my house seem to be pretty tolerant to lemon cleanser, so I decided to find out what other things that may repel cats off.

1. Spices

Yes spices such as dried mustard, cayenne pepper, rosemary or coffee grounds can be scattered at areas you don't want them to be.

2. Essential Oils

Essential oils such cinnamon, citronella, lemon, lemon grass, lavender, orange and rosemary are said to defer cats. Just a few drops and put it in places you don't want the cat in.

3. Infusion

Just add a few herbs together with water and put it in a spray bottle and spray at places that you don't want the cat to be. I tried with lemon cleanser but the cats seemed pretty tolerant to it.

4. Plant

Sometimes you can just plant the herbs in your garden such as citronella, garlic or lavender to keep cats away. However my parents plants some of these plants, true they stay away from them but these cats went treasure digging at the other plants.

5.Catnip

They say could plant some catnip and the cats will just hang around there. Hmmm I should get these and plant them to prevent the cats from going to the other plants., but then some cats are just not affected by it.. Hmm.. do we even have catnip here...

1 comment:

Ad said...

rajinnya bereksperimentasi..tapi kalau kucing kg..semua ni x de kesan!!