Monday, March 8, 2010

Fast

I was ordering Pizza for my family last night at Dominos, as I was waiting for my order, I see their staff crowding in the kitchen. I was wondering what life they would lead as a fast food restaurant worker. However why should I ponder, I worked at a fast food restaurant before for a month and a half. It was a good experience. I was in the kitchen, all hot, sweaty and I smell like chicken each day. I first had a 6 hour shift which then increased to 8 hour and then 10 hour. It was crazy and busy. I was of course bloody scared now and then. You can see many people from all walks of life, from those who plan to have career in fast food industry (they worked from the bottom) or to those who needed extra cash. I saw a couple working together because they needed money for their wedding, a mother working because her husband is doing PhD, a clerk working part time because her current job only pays her rm 600 a month, and a student that works during the weekend to support himself. It was definitely strenuous, I remember going to work, then going home, shower, sleep then wake up play a few hours on the computer before going back to work. I had one day break per week and it is not on the weekends, which is the busiest time of the week. I was sure this was not the path I wanted to pursue in life, its just not my thing, but part time when needed is okay, but I don't know how to these people have the energy to have two jobs at the same time. Sometimes I just need to be reminded of the hardship you have to endure if you refuse to work your brain.

No comments: