Thursday, February 17, 2011

Beastly...It's What Underneath...


A twist on another fairy tale? This time Beauty and The Beast, a classic french fairy tale which was titled La Belle et la BĂȘte.  Yup, its french. If you watched the famous Disney's version of Beauty and The Beast, you would know that the main character was named Belle, which is the French equivalent of Beauty, hence the title of the story. The Disney version of the tale managed to win an Academy Award for Best Original Score and Best Original Song while it manages to win Best Picture - Musical or Comedy in Golden Globes award. So Beastly has a pretty high bar that it needs to follow. So what is Beasty about?

Seventeen year old Kyle (Alex Pettyfer) is the spoiled, shallow and incredibly popular prince of his high school kingdom. Entirely captivated and empowered by his own physical appearance, Kyle foolishly chooses Kendra (Mary-Kate Olsen), a witch masquerading as a high school student, as his latest target for humiliation. Unfazed by his cruel behavior, Kendra decides to teach him a lesson – she transforms him into someone as unattractive on the outside as he is on the inside. Now he has one year to find someone who can see past the surface and love him, or he will remain “Beastly” forever. His only hope, a quiet classmate he never noticed named Lindy (Vanessa Hudgens), may be his best chance to prove that love is never ugly.

Sounds like regular secondary/college/university story for me. Although no one is that evil.. right? right?.. RIGHT???

Anyhow.. I have no idea who is Alex Pettyfer, upon some Googling, I found out that he is English and he does have a few movies under his belt. One of the other movies that Alex is starring in is "I am Number 4" which release in the US on 18th of February 2011!!, we only get to see this movie on 24th February 2011. Beastly is however is released world wide on 4th of March but Nuffnang is giving opportunity to its members by holding a contest (like the one I am blogging now) so that we could watch in on the 2nd of March, which is like a freaking 2 days earlier from the rest of the world. AWESOME!!.. Wait back to Alex, yes he is English, yes he has a few movies under him, he is only 20 years old (same age as my youngest brother) and he has 2 movies that will be released quite close to each other. Wow, he has been quite busy.

Then we have Mary Kate Olson, you don't know who she is? She is Michelle from the late 80s and early 90s sitcom, Full House. She is the shorter, brunette, anorexic sister of Ashley Olson. I am glad she is returning to the screen. I kinda like her witch persona in the trailer. Nice!


We have also, Vanessa Hudgens, the ex of Zac Effron, the star of high school musical, and one of the many artist who have their nude photos uploaded into the net. She only 22 and done so much ;). I still like her nevertheless and like Alex she has two movies releasing quite close to each other which is called Sucker Punch (Nuffnang is holding a contest for the movie too!! YEAY!!)



Anyhow other than blogging people about what this movie is about, Nuffnang asked us..

 If I were a Beast given ONE chance to prove that I am worthy to be human again, I would...

My answer was


"say that I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I hurt you, I’m sorry that I lied to you, I’m sorry that I betrayed your trust. I only wish that you would be happy again as you did before. I’m sorry.."

I guess when you hurt a person that is dear to you, you are a beast, which makes me a beast. When a friendship is ruin because of lust it makes me a beast, but at the same time its not all about lust. So I lost a friend while gaining a new one. However it does not make it right so I do apologize for my mistakes and all I hope is that you will be happier now and in the future.....


1 comment:

Isaac Tan said...

good luck!

Have followed your blog, follow me back ya

http://isaactan.net