Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CO2 Laser Resurfacing 2

Its almost a month or more since I last undergo a procedure called CO2 Laser Resurfacing. This is the result. The picture on the left is before and the picture on the right is after the procedure





I was more concerned with the large pigmentation on my right cheek as seen in the second picture. I blame it on my poor blackberry camera for the before photos and the 5megapixle Nokia after photos. I can see that pigmentation on my right cheek has been reduce significantly in size and colour. Its also less noticeable now. For my acne scars, some of it has improved especially the dent on my fore head. However, most of the noticeable result is gone, because I kept having more acne on my face which created newer scars. In general, I do feel the skin is more refined despite the onslaught of acne. I noticed that the bumps on my nose due to blackheads is almost unnoticeable to my eyes. Even my pores seemed smaller now.

Would I do it again? If I had the money I would definitely try to erase as much scars on my face as I can. I just have to control my acne now.

6 comments:

The Despirited said...

How much was it Bud? Was it painful? For mild acne scar pun boleh?

Unknown said...

veron:
the treatment is 1800 per session, my friend who does is offering a promotion of, buy two session and get the third one free.. so its like 3600 for 3 sessions..

this is good for mild to severe scars if i am not mistaken, and for wrinkles, to reduce pore size and pigmentation.. you would get at least 30% reduction in one week. i would get better results by my damn acne was in the way..

Unknown said...

veron: its not that painfull.. they do put some numbing cream on like 1 hour before procedure, but you do feel like hot needles touching your skin..the whole thing takes about 10 minutes..and you will feel like you had a bad sunburn for an hour after that..

amy said...

Just had my treatment today. I look like a walking tomato! particularly concern about the tiny white bumps on my face now. of course its in the pattern of the fractional laser punctures.. :S any advice on how to manage this? because I tend to have pretty dry skin even before the treatment..

amy said...

just had my treatment today..and am bit concerned about these tiny white bumps all over my face (did a full-face fractional CO2). any advice on how to manage this? I tend to have dry skin even before the treatment. God forbid I see scabs forming.. :S

Unknown said...

Amy: moisturize, moisturize and moisturize.. like really really moisturize. because those bumps will get so itchy and dry after day 3, there will be no scabs.

Use vaseline before sleeping, and during the day, lather on lots of sunscreen that is suitable for your face.

my face was breaking out.. i hope your face does not :), but if it does, contact me again okay