Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing

I used to have relatively flawless skin. My pictures are not photoshopped its just that when all the imperfections I seen its not caught on film. My skin is just very oily, enlarged pores and I have blackheads. Pimple was not a major issue since it only one or two will come out. Afterwards when I shaved off my sideburns I noticed that there was a large pigmentation on my right cheek. I have no idea when it formed but it got worse when I had the sudden acne breakout.

 Back during the carefree acne free days

 Then because of stress that I induced upon myself because I could not control myself, my acne came out and it came out with a vengeance. When I removed it, it left many scars on my face.

 My acne scars frames my face like it did when I was 13.

 The pigmentation on my right cheek was aggravated by the acne scars and treatment

 This was taken about 30 minutes after the procedure. I was told that it would be "hot" and there would be a burning sensation. It was true actually, my face felt like it was on fire for a while. I was told to take some pain killers if the pain was starting to be uncomfortable. Which it did but after a Panadol, my face just felt tingling.

 It looks like sunburn but with a distinctive uniformed patterned of the laser

I was told, my face would look like this for about a week but I would see improvement in a few days. A minimum SPF 15 sunblock is compulsory after this treatment. No toner, no scrub, no peel of mask and no harsh cleanser should be used on the skin. I really can't wait to see the end result of this treatment. This is an article about Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing.

A good friend of mine, Dr Chen, did this treatment. He has other treatments available at his clinic Mediviron at UOA building. He is a great friendly doctor that will put your at ease regardless of whatever you need to do.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there,

I just done fractional c02 treatment last weekend. Yes, its new experience and obvioulsy its heart pounding waiting for the end results in 2-3 weeks time. I had ice pick scars and congestion due to uneven skin suface. my face is weeping and crying after the treatment. Its hot redish and spots where the laser took place are visible though. any advice the kind of food and best diet to promote better collagen formation. ummp.. on my next session, i would like to consult Dr Chen. cheers, Mike

Unknown said...

i have no idea of a specific diet on collagen formation.. but since collagen is a protein, make sure you have adequate protein in your diet and if you are a vegan, try a vegatarian diet, to ensure all protein is availabe to your body.. then other stuff that you already know is plenty of water each day..

one thing Dr Chen did told me is to always put on sunblock each day for a week. apply multiple times a day if you are exposed to the sun a lot. he told me, at least a SPF 30 sunblock is needed. Another thing, keep your skin moisturize often with moisturizer of your choice. if the skin is dry, it might interfere with healing.. I you are satisfied with the results..

Jerry Fisher said...

hi,thanks a lot for sharing with us the experienced which you have gone through. it was really nice to know about your treatment.and i am glad that it work well for you. i too have some photos which might be good to watch.thanks again for such a lovely blog.

laser resurfacing photos

Unknown said...

Laser skin resurfacing is effective in making the skin clearer and healthier.

Laser skin resurfacing

Unknown said...

Good post ,Yes, its new experience and obvioulsy its heart pounding waiting for the end results in 2-3 weeks time. I had ice pick scars and congestion due to uneven skin suface. my face is weeping and crying after the treatment. Its hot redish and spots where the laser took place are visible though. any advice the kind of food and best diet to promote better collagen formation. ummp.. on my next session, i would like to consult Dr Chen cheers,.thanks for information,
skin resurfacing