Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baking

Baking is not hard, I don't get it why people think its such as fussy thing to do. Sure there are baking techniques that are complicated and required many steps to do, but there is also recipes for baking cakes and cookies that are so simple, its almost fool proof.

All the delicious cakes and cookies that I made for my family and friends are so insanely simple, but are a crowd pleaser. These are recipes that you just measure using cups and throw in a bowl and mix them together before throwing it in a greased baking tin and bake for 20 minutes.

Why would you buy a cookie when its so easy to make it at home, and you can add more chocolate chip or nuts to your pleasure, why buy a sponge cake when its so easy to make. Why buy a frosting when making it yourself allows for plenty of leftover for finger licking goodness.

Perhaps since I am more tuned into baking, I feel baking is something effortless. I can't really make any main course meals. Even fried rice seems hard for me because I can't get the taste that you get from fried rice at roadside stalls.

No comments: