Saturday, June 9, 2012

About A car

I am happy with my daily transportation methods. I ride my moped to the komuter train station after 7 in the morning, catch a train, usually the 6 car coach, to KL Sentral and then take the LRT to KLCC. I repeat again in the evening after I finish work.

As you should know, taking the public transportation is very cost effective. I calculate that my petrol bill would be the same as my transportation bill now, and I haven't calculated in toll, parking or wear and tear.

However some days, when I work late or decide to go home late, I wish that I had car and that I don't have to worry about not being able to catch the last komuter train home to Kajang which is at 10.30pm. Yes sometimes I feel that I must work that late because my mood for any sort of paperwork comes very late at night. Which is why my master took forever to finish...

I want to buy back my old car from my family. I really loved that car, sure it has problems of its own, but its about 90% perfect for my style of driving and my usage. Some say I should just get a new car, but I don't know if I want to spend all of my money on a car. I like having my savings grow and grow, I like to have impromptu dinners, and I like to have some money for breakdowns on certain days.


I do have the old car, but the aircond is busted, and since its an old car, if it runs without aircond, its gets really hot, you can feel the heat from the engine seeping into the car. I joke with people, if the aircond is busted, you will feel the car you own is much older than it is.

A car is not that expensive, after all you can get a new car for 28k... but it is quite basic, but it is personal transportation with cool aircond...

Ah well, time will come perhaps..

No comments: